Today I went to my second follow up interview. It seemed to go really well. They didn’t have a ton to say or ask- just technical questions about scheduling and things like that. It was fairly simple, but that’s the way I like em. I came home and started writing a pretty emotional piece, but I decided I wasn’t quite ready to post it yet. Maybe one day. Anyway- instead I reverted to something simple I knew I could share with you guys today that would definitely be a much lighter read!
I got through my interview without any hesitation, or nervousness. P.S. My outfit today was on point! I felt SO good. Fingers crossed it went as well as I feel it did! My husband reminded me moments before walking out the door that I don’t need this job. We financially get by just fine without it. I, more or less, am doing this for me. I want something to do outside the house, and making extra money never hurt anyone. That pressure of knowing that if I don’t get this, then oh well, just keep moving on with life, really helped me.
While I was gone, Kyle took the kids to Walmart and Amelia came home with a squishy Banana. She has not let this thing go for about 4 hours now. It’s traveled with her EVERYWHERE. And she keeps singing about her “favorite banana”. I couldn’t help but think of the song “My Favorite Things” from the Sound of Music. Such simple things in life can become our “favorites” and sometimes it’s the little things that bring us the most joy. So- Without further ado- here is a “few of my favorite things”. (If you didn’t sing that, we can’t be friends.)
1. Hobby Lobby– I can not get enough of this store. We live less than 5 miles from one and I think I am there twice a week. Especially at fall time. You walk in and the smell of cinnamon hits you in the face. Half my house is decorated in Hobby Lobby decor. My favorite is my picture above my corner loveseat. It’s my favorite place to sit in my house. I sit here every morning and sip my coffee. And my little cow watches over me. I don’t know what my obsession is with cows lately but the love is real. P.S.S. I apologize for the crappy photos. The lighting in my house is HORRENDOUS.
2. Make-up! I have a hidden guilty pleasure of watching Youtube makeup tutorials for hours. I love it. My all time fave is NikkieTutorials. I think she is hilarious to watch and her tutorials are the bomb.com. I am no makeup guru that’s for sure. I can’t do over the top looks- but I do get a ton of compliments on my eye shadow looks so i’d like to say that I have knack for it without being an expert. Regardless, I just think it’s fun to try new looks. And there are 100% days that I go without wearing anything. Maybe one day I’ll do a post on my favorite beauty products! ❤
3. Netflix and chill- like actually chill. Every single night, I look forward to cuddling on the couch and watching Netflix with Kyle. My night isn’t complete with out it. We tuck the kids back in bed approximately 12 times before 10 PM rolls around, and once they finally doze off to sleep, it’s show time. Right now we’re finishing up The Office. We’re about 8 episodes away from finally completing all 9 seasons. On Wednesday’s we watch Castle Rock and on Sunday we watch Sharp Objects. By the way, both are on Hulu in case you try to go searching for them on Netflix. There’s just something special about having our little routine shows to watch together. We don’t get very many date nights, but we try to set time aside for just us every day.
4. Cherry Cordial Ice Cream. I grew up eating Cherry Cordial ice cream with my Grandmom every time she’d watch my sister and I. She’d pick us up from school and we’d stop at the UDF around the corner from her house. She’d pick up a half-gallon or two of ice cream and we’d put it in the freezer until dinner time. We couldn’t wait. We were chomping at the bits ready to devour our treats by time The Andy Griffith Show came on. She’d put it in the same cream colored ceramic mugs with little shabby chic flowers printed on them. Grandmom would sit on the corner of the couch, next to the table lamp, her feet tucked underneath her, reading a craft magazine usually. Papaw Richard would sit in his recliner across from us with his remote in hand. It’s a picture engraved in my head forever. I’d pick around all the cherries so that at the very end, all I had left was a cup of cherries to eat. They were always the best part. Today, Amelia loves cherry cordial ice cream, but picks out the cherries. So now she sticks them in my cup. It’s the little things.
5. My Furbabies- Okay, I told myself I wouldn’t put the obvious things on here, like my kids and family. Because duh, ya’ll know that. But my furbabies i’m adding. Because they each have something unique about them that makes my heart happy. Let’s start with my first baby: Luna. I mean, look at those ear whiskers! I can’t. They’re the cutest. Her eyes glow. I tell Kyle all the time we should have named her Toothless like the dragon. She’s my pride and joy- and don’t tell the others, but I think she’s actually my favorite out of the bunch. 😉 Then there’s Tyrone. Tyrizone. Tyroni Macaroni as Amelia calls him. I have a love/hate relationship with this cat. I truly love all of my animals, don’t get me wrong. But Tyrone is just a PITA sometimes. He doesn’t cover his business in the litter box which makes my head roll. And he sneaks outside almost daily so we’re always hunting him down. He’s got the meanest looking face. But, he is the BEST cuddler. He’s more lovey than any cat I’ve ever met. Hard on the outside, but he’s a softie at heart. And for that, I love him.
And last, but not least. My Big Boy. Blessed to have this little guy. We can’t fail to mention his papa that we just had put down a few weeks ago. He was sweet and special in his own way. We miss him dearly. But Big Boy is my gentle protector. He follows me everywhere I go. He’s bonded with me in ways the other two babies have not. And I think it’s because he was so close to my daddy. I swear, even his mannerisms remind me of my dad. It’s the craziest thing. This dog and I have grieved together. He lost his best friend, and his daddy too this year. 2018 has been rough on all of us! But here he is, still smiling through it all.
6. Fall time. Can’t say I’ve met a person alive who does love fall so this is a no-brainier. The crisp autumn air. The cool breeze. Sleeping with the windows open, bundled under blankets. Hayrides. Festivals. And apple cider slushies. I can’t freaking wait.
7. Baby Kisses. Okay- another obvious one. But Maddox just leaned down and kissed my forehead and I melted. I seriously can’t. There is nothing sweeter than being loved by your babies. The feeling is irreplaceable.
I could do this all night. We all have favorite things and memories that make our world complete. These are a few of mine. What are some of your favorite things? Leave a comment below!