Sadly this week went by way too fast! I started my new job, and I swear, I feel like I blinked and September is already a week in. Like what?! I meant to post this recipe earlier but I’m still getting into the swing of this new schedule. If there’s one thing I’ve missed since doing weight watchers it’s Meatloaf. There is something comforting about meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Reminds me of my child hood I think. My mom made the BEST meatloaf. She used to crush up ritz crackers and top it with ketchup. What kid likes meatloaf?? I mean honestly! Apparently I’d eat anything. Amelia however- she won’t touch it with a ten foot pole. Gags just looking at the “me-lo” 😂
Anyway- it’s one of Kyle’s favorite meals too so I wanted to make a weight watchers friendly recipe. These are only two Freestyle points per cup. Use a 12 cupcake pan to make perfectly portioned mini meatloaf cups! Sub out beef for ground turkey and cut down on the calories and fat. You can also add in some veggies like chopped mushrooms or green peppers if you’d like. Kyle likes his without veggies so these are a more “plain” version I guess you could say.
Also- can I just comment about how much I love my knives? Sabatier is the brand- and I recently found them at TJ Maxx and bought every single one. They have self sharpening cover so the blade stays sharp and protects them as they’re stored. I’m in love.
Back to the recipe- I used a mixture of bread crumbs and a piece of bread. It was the best way to get the lowest point which was my main focus. You can use all bread, or oats or even cracker crumbs if you’re not concerned about the calories or points and it’s still a great base recipe!
The topping is a mixture or sugar-free BBQ sauce, ketchup and Worcestershire. It’s a little twist from the basic ketchup topping and a little sweeter.
The best thing about these is that they’re perfectly portioned out. You could easily make these at the beginning of the week and have them for lunches all week!
I absolutely refuse to eat meatloaf without mashed potatoes and corn by the way. Anyways else have this issue?? 😉 also- I promise these aren’t burnt- even though they look so dark in the photo. The bbq sauce makes them a bit darker, and my lack of lighting doesn’t help! 😂 So without further ado, the recipe will be below! Have a wonderful rest of your weekend!
Mini Turkey Meatloaf Cups
Makes 12 cups, 2 WW Freestyle Points each
– 1 LB ground lean turkey
– 1/2 cup diced onion
– 1 egg
-1/2 Cup breadcrumbs
-1 piece of Sara Lee reduced calorie bread, torn into small pieces
– 1 TBSP Italian seasonings
– 1/4 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp pepper
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 TBSP, and 1/2 Cup Ketchup, separated
– 1/2 Sugar Free BBQ sauce
– 2 TBSP Worcestershire, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a cupcake with oil spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the first 9 ingredients, plus 1 tablespoon each of the ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Divide the meat mixture into 12 equal sized meatballs. Press each mixture into the cupcake pan.
4. In a separate small bowl, mix together the remaining ketchup and Worcestershire with the BBQ sauce.
5. Put a heaping spoonful of the ketchup topping on each mini loaf. You should have enough for about 1.5 tablespoons full per cup.
6. Place in oven and bake for about 40 minutes.